Tuesday, February 28, 2012

East vs West (This is not a post about NBA All Star Game)

Congratulates the West for beating the East once again, thanks to indecisiveness of LeBron James. However, I ain't gonna talk about NBA because the only topic of NBA right now is JEREMY LIN.

I'm gonna talk about East vs West.

Radio always play this song lately - A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Wow, this is a very romantic song, isn't it?



"I have loved you for a thousand years...
I'll love you for a thousand more....."


Nay, not really.... Because you see -


Andy Lau will love you TEN thousands years.. TEN TIMES more than Christina Perri...

Even Joker (至尊宝 by Stephen Chow 周星驰) can say some he'll love ZiXia (紫霞) for 10,000 years...

曾经 
有一份真诚的爱情放在我面前
我没有珍惜
等我失去的时候
我才后悔莫及
人世间最痛苦的事莫过于此
如果上天能够给我一个再来一次的机会
我会对那个女孩子说三个字:我爱你
如果非要在这份爱上加上一个期限
我希望是...一万年!
Once, 
there is a sincere love before me
I did not cherish her..
and when I lost her,
I regretted so much...
This is nothing more painful than this suffering
If God can give me another chance
I would tell this girl - I LOVE YOU
And if God insists to have an expiry for this love
I wish that it would be - TEN THOUSAND YEARS!


And of course he is held under ZiXia's sword - but this is still 10x MORE romantic than by Christina Perri!

And this brought up some thoughts of East vs West

Maybe this is because Western history started only after the birth of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago....


Maybe this is because Eastern history started much earlier when HuangDi a.k.a. Yellow Emperor a.k.a. 黄帝 first unified the Chinese and recorded it in the history 5000 years ago..


And that's why in the East, we (even the lame Joker) tend to love 10,000 years while in the West, they tend to love only 1,000 years..

Yes, Easterners and Westerners have very different values of life and happiness - of course they have different opinion about male handsomeness.

West culture focuses on wild and mischievous, 


Sometimes, a little dominating....


 East culture focuses on cute and innocent.. Yupe that's right!!

(Wakakakakaka..... New level of Narcissism!)


Sometimes, a little girly and gayish


Nonetheless, these are very fine men and who really cares if they love you for 1000 years or 10,000 years? You're gonna be dead anyway.... But the idea is Eastern people tend to be more loyal than the Western people......

Think about it - Christina Perri vs. Stephan Chow.......

Wait a minute, was I wrong at the starting point - it should have been Male vs Female after all.

Male is a much better and loyal lover than female.....? ! LOL


No comments: