Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Umm, are we............ in Pamplona?

Did I get a hangover or what? How did I come to Pamplona? Oh wait, I did not. I am still here living in Kuala Lumpur. But why the fuck I see the bull run? For your information, Pamplona, Spain is famous for its nine-day festival of Sanfermines where a bunch of bulls are let loose and run as if they suffer mad cow disease at the streets of Pamplona.

Kuala Lumpur is celebrating its own version of Sanfermines too. Kuala Lumpir Composite Index (KLCI) closed at 1526.53 today. We can observe that this cowboy has slowly climbed the mountain of Bursa Malaysia since the financial crisis where the stock market fell to as low as 833.44. Who can deny the fact that this is a bull run when the market is able to close 1526.53 in a mere 2 years time?

I did not expect the bull is coming few months ago because Malaysia stocks are valued higher than the world's average. But hey, who can expect that the rest of the world pick up the pace and follow this Malaysian bull? And I'm so proud to be the pioneer of the bull market =) just kidding....

Now the question is - are we at the peak? I don't know because if I would know, I would short sell KLCI futures and make myself the richest kid in the bear market. But one thing is certain right now, people are gaining more confidence in the stock market. Volume has increased, price has increased and I'm telling you - it's a big fat bull running in Kuala Lumpur right now! Just like a broker told me once, "Pick up any stock in a bull market, you would make yourself handsome money!"

But have you heard news in Pamplona? It's certainly a party at Pamplona during the bull run fest. People get drunk and celebrate. But remember this - always, someone got injured, and worse got killed by the bulls. We must be very careful when we are partying with the bulls. Also, don't get too heated with the bulls too.

I was very lucky to meet with a very respectful and successful investor in Malaysia, Mr O (for his privacy, I would refer him as Mr O here). Mr O is a very discipline and patient investor. He taught me a very good lesson - to be successful, I must be very patient to wait for the right time to strike. It can be two months later, it can be five years later. The market is always there. We do not need to rush in to a bull market to make ourselves handsome money. Always wait and wait and wait for the .... BEAR ATTACKS!!!!!

1 comment:

bender said...

lol wtf initially i tot u went somewhere again